5 key questions you must ask to write the perfect speech
- What do I want my audience to think feel and do as a result of this talk?
- Does the speech aim as high as it can? Does it change minds or inspire action?
- Does the opening create good will, get attention and orient the audience to the topic? Does it establish a common bond or tell a story?
- Do I avoid passive voice, stilted vocabulary or other examples of the dull bureaucratic style?
- Do I conclude rather than just end the speech? (Does the conclusion reinforce the goal of the speech by use of a story, issuing a challenge or referring to a previous illustration?)